In addition to the writing I do here, I author a bi-weekly "Cooking from Scratch" column and frequent family and craft articles for the Lawrence Journal World.
I'm also lucky to get to contribute to the Sparkle Stories blog with a weekly "Sparkle Kitchen" post.
And last, but not least, I love writing some more introspective bits for Mamalode every now and then.
Here are some other places I've been honored to pop in as a guest at:
On the Internets:
- Summer Memory Votives on The Sitting Tree, Septemeber 2014.
- Jump on Gypsy Forest, June 2014.
- Tipsy Paperwhites on Mud Puddles to Meteors, November 2013.
- Repurposed/Upcycled Gifts on Sew Mama Sew, November 2013.
- Tackling Meal Planning with Pinterest on 5 Minutes for Mom, September 2013.
- A Summer Banner, Rhythm of the Home, Summer Edition, 2013.
- Modifying Toddler Clothes on Hello Bee, February 2013.
- Raising Urban Chickens with Kids on Hello Bee, February 2013.
- It's My Home, Too on Kindred, February 2013.
- Quick Fixes for Old Quilts on Sew, Mama, Sew!, January 2013.
- An Easy Shadow Puppet Show, Rhythm of the Home, Autumn Edition 2012.
- Hearing it, Saying It: "You're a Good Mom." on Sacred Pregnancy, July 2012.
- My Own Marathon: A Drug-Free Birth on Sacred Pregnancy, May 2012.
- Toddler Art Month: A Musical Interlude on Little Homestead in the Desert, April 2012.
- The Chicken TV :: Why We Adore Our Backyard Flock, Rhythm of the Home, Spring Edition 2012.
- How to Hunt for Morel Mushrooms on The Kitchn, May 2009.
My other love (don't ask me to choose which is my best!) is photography. Weddings, babies, food--I get crazy joy from taking pictures of it all! If you're in the Lawrence, Kansas area and need a photographer, please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your project. While you're waiting for my response, here are a few of my favorite photo shoots for you to peruse: