Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~Mary Anne Evans (a.k.a. George Eliot)
I broke out the hand warmers at work today. Made our yearly order of wool socks. Picked up a sackful of beeswax candles. (By the way, does anybody know a good source of those in bulk? The votive size?) I haven't quite pulled out the down comforter yet, but I've thought about it....
Hello Fall! I am so, so ready for you. And just so I don't forget some of the things I've been looking forward to, a Fall to-do list....
- Play in the leaves. Take walks in them. Collect them.
- Have a shadow puppet show. (The Kid is big into shadows these days.)
- Carve pumpkins. Let the Kiddo squeeze the goo and throw it and rub it in his hair. (Outside, do we think? Yeah, probably so.)
- Pick crack-apples.
- Take lots of warm sudsy bubble baths. (I was thinking the other day, and the last time I used our big cast iron tub for a proper soak? Was when I was in labor. Gotta fix that and right soon!)
- These fabric pumpkins. (I've had the fabric set aside for at least two years now, time to get started.)
- A pot 'o butternut squash soup. (My friend Calley has the greatest recipe that I need to get from her...but this one looks kinda similar--perhaps we'll try both?)
- A batch of pumpkin macarons and maybe some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
- Some new knit hats. (This one for me, and, I think, this one for the Kid. I'm hoping Sweet Husband can locate his from last year, but if not we'll do one for him too.)
- A leaf garland...for all the leaves from our walks.
What are your Fall to-do's?