Oh my gosh, I just realized this is our fifth year of doing a summer bucket list! Milestone!
This year's list was extra fun, because the Kid is really getting old enough to offer some input on what he wants to do. "Oceans of Fun" and "learning to go off the diving board and slides at the pool"? All him!
As much as I loved his ideas, though, I did have to nudge to keep some balance. It made me feel like a fusspot, but I even went so far as to make myself a little tally of "this is something the Kid will really enjoy, this one's for Sweet Husband mostly..." and so forth to narrow our list down equitably. In the end, I think I more or less succeeded...and Little Miss will have enough fun with the Kid's choices that she won't know the difference, so!
1. Take a "LOVE" photo with our hands.
2. Get library cards for the whole family and complete the summer reading program.
3. Visit the Deanna Rose farmstead.
4. Help the Kid practice swimming well enough to do the slides/diving board at the pool.
5. Ride the California Zephyr to see Paw and Grandma Jill in California.
6. Go to Oceans of Fun.
7. Figure out our favorite flavors of Talenti gelato.
9. Cheer for Mom at the Hospital Hill Half Marathon.
10. Make an epic Rube Goldberg machine.
By tradition, we don't officially kick off the list until Memorial Day weekend, but I'm thinking that this year I may bend that start day back to the kids' last day of school...just so that we can go pick up those library cards...and maybe get a start on our gelato tasting.
To tell the truth, I'm as ready as anyone to get this summer party going!