And then I accidentally faced both herringbone stripes the same slanted direction...and then I made the quilt the right size to fit the top of the bed only...as in, the top of the mattress, but nothing to hang down the sides. And then I didn't realize that I had made it too small until it had already gone to the quilter and come back.
While it didn't end up exactly as I had planned, I really love it, especially once it's spread out on Little Miss's bed. Neither of my kids' quilts conform to a proper pattern--something about that just isn't as fun to me. Instead, they're both unique and a little wonky, which is very us.
And this one is overflowing with butterflies, too, which never hurts!