If you were to come to my house in the middle of the night this week--hypothetically, please don't come for real because that would be creepy--you would hear the melodious sound of a whole family that's sharing a cold. From Sweet Husband's deep, bass-y coughs to Little Miss's heartbreaking, baby hacks, it's a nighttime orchestra of contagion.
Also, I somehow have mosquito bites on my ankles from last weekend. It's February. WTF, Kansas.
To turn this frown upside down, I present you a list of it's-almost-the-weekend happy thoughts.
1. We've made the decision to stay put in our current house for the next few years, and, as such, the childrens will soon be sharing a room. I plan to talk more about the thoughts behind all of that in due course, but for now MOOD BOARD FUN!
3. This so-random conversation with my wee Man Cub:
The Kid: Do flamingos fly on one leg?
Me: Umm...is that a trick question? I think they fly with their wings, bub?
The Kid (eye-roll): Never mind, I'll ask one when I become friends with it.
4. And, speaking of my eldest child, he's going to spend Spring Break with his grandmas this year--a whole week! He likes getting mail so much these days that I think I'm going to be silly and send him a few care packages. So far I'm thinking one of these (to document his adventures) and some of this (for St. Patrick's Day breakfast). Any one else have any brilliant ideas for fun little nothings to send a five-year-old in the mail?
5. I'm also starting to just barely think about Easter baskets. I think Little Miss is the right age for bubbles, and I'm going to make the Kid this. (Even though Sweet Husband says I'm crazy and he'll shoot his eye out.) I really want to make Little Miss a dress, too. It's been so long since I've sewn anything for her.
6. I just polished off one of these. Without cooking it. In my immune-weakened state it was probably risky, but all women die...not all women really live!
*Cough, cough* see you next week.