It's 6:30 p.m., and I am writing you from my bed in my pajamas. These last few weeks have worn me down to a nub. But a much anticipated Halloween weekend draws near, so I am determined to rest up and be ready to frolic with my small folk.
But before I bury myself under a big quilt and crash, five things:
1. We saw Ingrid Michaelson last weekend. I have mentioned that I love her new CD, but I also enjoyed her opening act. They're super catchy, and my kids are loving them, too. (Amazon says some of their songs have explicit lyrics, but, if so, they're not obvious enough that I've caught them.)
Unrelated, I also have this song on repeat. As I awkwardly texted my friend the other day, "the chords make my phone vibrate in a way that is pleasing to my hand." Such a huge, gorgeous sound.
2. I happily signed off of most TV several years ago--and I'm already woefully behind for the show I do still watch--but "This Is Us" and "Designated Survivor" have me interested. Is any one watching either of those? Are they worth the time to get caught up?
3. In addition to gearing up for DINOVEMBER! next month (which I'll be posting about on Instagram @mybitofearth), I've also signed us up for Annie and Dawn's "Fall Outside" group. The group promises one short email per day with a 5-10 minute outdoor activity that doesn't take any supplies to do. I'm psyched to have the reminders to get outside and enjoy my favorite season.
4. I'm plotting a dollhouse for Little Miss for Christmas, and a trio of Lottie dolls are going to live there. I'm a bit besotted with Lottie dolls right now. (Watch this video. All the girl power feels.) But, more than anything, I'm mentioning it because the Lottie website has a whole treasure-trove of "Great Women and Girls" biographies written for kids. The Kid loves it when I tell him stories from history, so I'm always happy to find new material.
5. Last, but not least, what are your kiddos going to be for Halloween? We have a luna moth and a viking.