And now it's summer. Well, not officially, of course, but, in any event, it's time for our summer bucket list 'o' fun. Are you ready?
1. Ride all the train rides we can. There are one, two local kiddie trains, plus one more in our hometown where we'll be spending 4th of July. We've already ridden one, but the goal is to go for a chug on all three before summer is out.
2. Exploding sidewalk chalk. An easy--but explosively fun!--one that's do-able on the laziest of weekends at home.
3. Watch Aunt Danielle get married in California. This is our big trip for the summer--the whole fam-damily is leavin' on a jet plane to attend my pretty step-sister's pretty wedding.
4. Build a backyard fort. Some progress was made on this bucket list item this weekend. The Kid was making us crazy, asking every 5 minutes, "Is it done yet?" It isn't, but I will share lots of photos when it is.
5. See "Annie" at the Theatre in the Park. The Kid is super into the 1980's movie version, so when we heard an advertisement on the radio for a live version I was very quickly wheedled into promising that we'd try to go.
6. Spend lots of time in the pool. The Kid is taking for-serious swim lessons this summer, and, of course, Little Miss will need to go for her inaugural dip.
7. Make blueberry ice cream (hopefully) with our own blueberries. Our little blueberry bush is full of berries. They aren't ripe quite yet, but I really think we might have enough for a batch of homegrown ice cream. (Well, minus the cow.)
8. Have a tomato canning party. This is something we've been talking about for years amongst our circle of friends. I'm super excited to share the work of putting up a few delicious jars of tomato product.
9. Catch a fish at Roaring River. This is our smaller trip, which we're planning to take in August. The Kid wants to catch a fish "with his teeth". I'm not sure the trout are that slow, but I hope we can get one the normal rod-and-reel way.
10. Watch the Persied meteor shower. The Persieds peak around August 11th this year. I still need to figure out the logistics of this one--Is the Kid old enough yet? Do we just get a sitter and make it a date night?--but I've missed this favorite for several years now, so I want to make a point to get out for it this year.
What are your big summer plans?