Thanks to Veens, I recently found out about a book blogging challenge to honor Dewey of The Hidden Side of a Leaf, who died recently. Although I was mostly a lurker, I loved reading Dewey's book reviews, and I had a great time participating in her 24 hour read-a-thon in October. She will be missed.
The challenge rules can be found here. Basically, the idea is to read books that Dewey reviewed. I decided to choose one from each year:
- 2003--Into the Forest by Jean Hegland (Dewey's review)
- 2004--Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos (Dewey's review)
- 2005--Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks (Dewey's review)
- 2006--March by Geraldine Brooks (Dewey's review)
- 2007--Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford (Dewey's review)
- 2008--How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff (Dewey's review)
The challenge will run for all of 2009 with prizes and the like, so it should be fun.