The Lentil-Almond Stir-Fry from a few weeks ago? Not a success. The veggies were good, but the lentils were bland, bland, bland. I thought it was OK, but not good enough to want for leftovers. Sweet Husband ended up re-heating spaghetti and meatballs.
But despite that little setback, I'm not giving up on the lentils, no sir-ee. Because I know I've had them cooked in ways I like, it's just a matter of finding a good recipe. This week I'm trying them prepared a bit differently--with sausages! Because there's nothing that's not good when paired with sausages, right? Right.
On this week's list:
- Sausages and Green Lentils with Tomato Salsa
- Pasta Puttanesca
- Steak with Pomegranate Glaze and Brussels sprouts (after researching, I think I'm going to make the glaze by mixing my pomegranate jelly with a little red wine and maybe some garlic or shallots)
- Cauliflower Risotto (possibly with some of the very cool looking Romanesco cauliflower I saw at the store last week)
- Pepin's Pizza (with whatever looks good at the store for toppings, but I'm thinking 'shrooms)
- Egg Sandwiches (I know, right? But we love 'em!)
(Photo c/o onenjen.)