1. Naked Ladies are running amok. You don't know how long I've waited to say that.
2. Various excavation and construction projects are ongoing.
3. Our weed eater is broken. Supposedly it just needs a spark plug, but apparently that spark plug is the rarest size in existence. After canvasing several hardware stores, Sweet Husband finally had to special order one.
4. The tomatoes seem to be attracting just a few tiny, twig-like bugs. Rodale's won't tell me what they are, but they can definitely fly.
5. I haven't fussed about the stick-bugs much though, because even if we don't get even one more garden fresh tomato this has already been a record year. I'm not sure if it's the cool(er) weather, or if I just finally got the soil amended correctly, but I'm too busy eating tomatoes to ask many questions.
6. When they were visiting last week, my father-in-law requested a jar worth of small cucumbers so that he could make tiny gherkin pickles. Alas, those don't seem to be within my gift this year. This variety--which I think came from Cubit's--seems to grow from bud to Tonka truck size in a miraculous 24 hours or less.